The Royal Australian Air Force received the first two of twelve P2V-5s in 1951 with the remainder delivered in 1952. The P2V-5s were operated by No. 11 Squadron at RAAF Richmond, NSW, and later at RAAF Edinburgh, South Australia, until their replacement by P-3Bs beginning in 1969.
In 1961 twelve P2V-7s were acquired to equip No. 10 Squadron at Townsville, in Queensland not being replaced by P-3Cs until 1978-79. By 1980, none of the Neptunes remained in RAAF service.